"TEACHING PHILOSOPHY"
As an aspiring high school teacher, I believe it is important for me to guide my students to begin figuring out who they are meant to be as a person in society. In order for me to achieve that, I must strive to become a respectable figure and role model for them. High school may be one of the more smaller portions of ones life, however it can be one of the most important and developmental. High school students are beginning to realize many things in their life; socially, creatively, physically, mentally, and emotionally. As a teacher, it is my responsibility to maximize my student’s potential by implementing various instructional strategies and methods and observing how my student’s prefer to learn.
I find in my high school experience that I was learning beginning to learn a lot about myself and who I am as a person, and much of my judgements and experiences came from my peers and teachers. Many of my peers around me have mentioned that certain parts of their current life were influenced from their own teachers that have had an impact on them. The teachers who I have looked up to and had the upmost respect for, were the ones who were realistic and treated students as regular people or colleagues. I plan to provide a positive, fun, interesting, comfortable, and real class environment. Many of my enjoyable class experiences involved class discussion and class involvement during instruction. I wish to have much of that, especially as a Psychology teacher when discussion is important with certain topics. I am a person with many experiences, and the material in psychology is a perfect opportunity to have an intriguing discussion with my class. Mixing those together will create a very impactful discussion and experience for my students.
As much as
teachers teach inside the classroom, a lot of the teaching happens outside of
the classroom as well. I plan to become very involved in extra-curricular student
activities and programs. In high school, I was involved in a variety of sports/activities
and the co-president of the student council in my senior year. With my
experiences, talents, and outgoing personality, I will be able to guide and positively
influence students to have a great high school experience.
Comments
Post a Comment