"REFLECTION ON PROGRESS IN TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM"
As a second/third year Education student, there are often times where I feel like my journey to becoming a teacher becomes more real as time goes on yet, it still feels a little bit un-real. This is mostly due to not having been on the field yet through practicums and internships yet which happen in the later years. I was in EDST213, which is the Rural placement for second year Education students, however this year due to COVID-19; had to be done online. My only teacher-like experience involves working as a TA with the GSCS for a few months last year that I had to stop working due to school. My experience working that really helped support my decision to pursue teaching as I was actually inside the schools working with and assisting other teachers and students.
What excites me to pursue teaching is the overall satisfaction that comes with interacting with students and having those “ahh I get it now!” moments with them! I really enjoy being able to educate and teach other people of things that I am aware of and passionate about, and having the opportunity to teach Psychology in a high school setting makes me look forward to my future. The reason why I chose to pursue high school teaching over elementary teaching is that I feel that I have a purpose to teach there. I want to be able to impact teenagers’ lives in a way that can leave them inspired and have an optimistic and positive outlook heading into their life! In high school, a lot of people I have had conversations with had problems with many teachers due to their attitude, teaching ways, and overall experience. I strive to be able to correct those issues to avoid future students from having to go through that.
I believe that learning
about teaching/Education is a fantastic path for me. I absolutely admire the
thought of being able to have a foundational teacher value in cohesiveness with
my own personality and value. Teaching is a profession and job that is
different every day with a similar routine, which I find that suits me. Overall,
I am looking forward to advance further into Education and eventually get into
teaching as a whole!
Comments
Post a Comment