"PERSONAL LEARNING STYLE REFLECTION"
// My VARK result was the Multimodal learning preference and my MBTI result was ENFJ.
These results did not surprise me in all honesty! I am a person who is quite “everywhere” in the many things I like to do. Exploring different ways I can approach things, such as learning, is what I like to experiment in. In a learning environment, I tend to try putting an emphasis, or priority, in an assignment and put as much effort as I can in order to move on further into the same assignment, or other ones as well. The Multimodal learning preference describes my tendency to explore my different approaches and attempts to learning. Much of what contributes to my effectiveness when learning is for me to aurally, visually, and kinesthetically approach or receive the material. When I learn a new computer broadcast program strategy on the internet, I prefer to have a visual aspect of what needs to be done whilst being explained to about what is happening. These are mostly made through Youtube videos. In the classroom, I find that I learn best from effective class discussion and being able to apply it respectively to in-class or outside-class material.
In my teaching, I anticipate that my classroom will benefit students of all learning preferences, specifically the aural, visual, and kinesthetic learners. I hope to start off my school year/term with the class by initially figuring out what my students’ learning preferences are in order to be able to cohesively make the class enjoyable and effective for them. My strong suits as a teacher will most likely be my eagerness to have class discussion, to encourage students to participate in a positive learning environment; creating opportunity to kinesthetically apply knowledge to the material, and to visually show students instructive material by presentations, videos, etc.
The roadblocks
that I may come across with as a practicing high school teacher are my written
instruction to an extent. I am not quite confident in my written material for
instruction, as much as I strive to focus on the details. I hope to mitigate
this fault through trial-and-error throughout the years as a teacher with my
students. Being able to see what works and what does not work for my students
learning experience is what I hope to strive to build upon in my years of
teaching.
Comments
Post a Comment